On Thursday 14 April 2005 16:28, Yonik Seeley wrote:

> I haven't tried it, but I think the fix should be easy... never throw
> that exception.

As Lucene does not have the concept of a "warning" I think it should throw
exceptions when someone tries to do something that doesn't make sense
(even if it's technically possible). And sorting on a field that doesn't
exist doesn't seem to make sense.

Well, searching on a field that doesn't exist won't give you an exception
either. For debugging it would be useful if you'd get an exception instead
of no results.

Regards
 Daniel

--