Hi,

Interesting topic. I thought about this as well. I wanted to index
Chinese text with English, i.e., I want to treat the English text
inside Chinese text as English tokens rather than Chinese text tokens.

Right now I think maybe I have to write a special analyzer that takes
the text input, and detect if the character is an ASCII char, if it
is, assembly them together and make it as a token, if not, then, make
it as a Chinese word token.

So, bottom line is, just one analyzer for all the text and do the
if/else statement inside the analyzer.

I would like to learn more thoughts about this!

Thanks,

Jian