Hi everybody!

We have a large Lucene index which gets updated very often.
Until recently the java virtual machine used to manage the index was on 32 bits, although the program was running on a 64bits station. Last week we changed the java to 64 bits and since then we experience strange problems, the index grows very large. I'm not sure the 2 are related, that's why I ask here: is it possible that the index got corrupted after we updated the jvm? Is there any relation between the size of the index and the jvm used?

I hope the questions make sense, thanks,
roxana