Hi,

Can someone please explain how does IndexSearcher and IndexWriter works in
conjuction. As far as i know after reading all the posts in newgroup, it
seems everything works fine if we have one IndexWriter thread and multiple
IndexSearcher thread. But my doubt here is, looking at IndexSearcher class,
it seems it first reads the segments file and then one by one go to the
respective .fnm files in the index...hence can occur a case, where it has
read segments file but in the meantime IndexWriter thread has updated the
index and the corresponding .fnm file doesnt exist in the index and this
will give us the error .fnm doesn't exist and we will get an IOException.

Am I missing something in making sure that there can be multiple
IndexSearcher thread and one IndexWriter Thread and still everything works
fine.

thanks
-Nikhil