The performance results in my previous posting were based on an
implementation that performs 2 searches, one for getting 'Hits' and another
for getting the BitSet. I reimplemented this in one search using the code in
'SolrIndexSearcher.getDocListAndSetNC' and I'm now getting throughput of
350-375 qps.

This is great stuff Solr guys! I'd love to see the DocSet and DocList
features added to Lucene's IndexSearcher.

Peter