From: Liao Xuefeng [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, June 13, 2006 4:53 PM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Use one or more indexes?

hi, I'm new to lucene.

Now I want to add full-text search for my website to search articles,
images
and bbs topics. I'm not sure to use only one index to search all types
of
these, or create 3 indexes for each of type.

If I use only one index, do I have to add a 'type' field to identify
document type? and how to filter the specified type?
If I use 3 indexes, is there more memory & cpu time cost?

Thanks in advance, for any help & suggestions.

Best regards,
  Xuefeng

Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]