Otis,

The Lucene components for this beta are running on 4 dual core AMD Opteron (
2.6GHZ) processors, for a total of 8 CPUs. It has 32GB RAM, although 16GB
would probably suffice. The query rate is currently quite low probably
because of the low visibility of the beta page. We haven't measured QPS
rates for this configuration, yet, but if you look at some of my previous
posts, you'll see some QPS data on somewhat similar hardware. I think that
actual rates will be lower, though, because the complexity of the queries,
counting, sorting, etc have increased.

Peter

On 10/28/06, Otis Gospodnetic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,

--- Peter Keegan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 10/27/06, Chris Lu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi, Peter,
> >
> > Really great job!
>

> Thanks. (I'll tell the team)

If it's not a secret, can you tell us a bit more about what's behind
the search in terms of hardware, and how much pounding that hardware
takes in terms of QPS?  People always ask about this stuff.

Thanks,
Otis