On Jan 28, 2007, at 3:47 PM, Felix Litman wrote:
We want to be able to return a result regardless if users use a colon or not in the query. So 'work:' and 'work' query should still return same result.

With the current parser if a user enters 'work:' with a ":" , Lucene does not return anything :-(. It seems to me the Lucene parser issue.... we are wondering if there is any simple way to make the Lucene parser ignore the ":" in the query?

any thoughts?

What about preprocessing the query string and replace colons with a space? Or perhaps escape colons with a backslash (I believe that works, but haven't confirmed it lately).

Would users ever need to use fielded selectors? Or QueryParser syntax in general? If not, then bypass QueryParser altogether and analyze the string yourself and build up a query clauses into a BooleanQuery.

        Erik