On Jan 26, 2007, at 5:28 PM, Chris Hostetter wrote:

: LIA2 will happen, but Lucene is undergoing a lot of changes, so Erik and
: I are going to wait a little more for development to calm down
: (utopia?).

you're waiting for Lucene development to calm down? ... that could be a
long wait.

We're not exactly waiting. I'm working night and day on Solr + Ruby (solrb and Flare) for various projects.

A book project, especially a 2nd edition, is an incredible undertaking and commitment. It is an undertaking Otis and I plan on carving out time for in the near future, but predicting exactly when that will be is not worth speculating. Rest assured that this list will be kept well informed of LIA2's progress. java-user is the audience to which we most cater.

        Erik