Hi,
 I am not aware of any lucene integration with rdbms but I don't think it
would be very usefull, what do you mean with "guideline for using Lucene
with Database"?.

Sometimes it makes sense a database integration with lucene (for example
Neo4J and OrientDB use lucene as one of their indexing engine), but it
depends on the specific vendor. Depending on your database, please check if
it already has some kind of fuzzy search (for example recent version of
Postgres has fuzzy search:
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/fuzzystrmatch.html).

If you decide to use lucene for your use case I don't think RAMDirectory
would be the best choice, since it's intended for testing purposes only.
The FSDirectory should be efficient enough for your (and many other) use
cases. The second point seems ok to me, if entity types are not very
dynamic you can obtain good performance creating an index for each one.