Hi Trejkaz, Evert, Riccardo,

Thank you for your inputs. We have an application which we plan to migrate to
Cloudfoundry and are yet to make a decision on DataBase with the contenders
being PostgreSQL, MySQL, HANA DB, MongoDB. In the current setup, we use HANA DB
which already has a fuzzy search query. But, when we migrate to Cloudfoundry we
might use a different database and to keep fuzzy search DB agnostic, I think it
would be better to have fuzzy search in Java layer rather than in DB layer.

While looking up for examples of fuzzy search with Lucene, I came across
examples that demonstrate Lucene with file system predominantly, so was
wondering if there are any samples on ‘How to use Lucene with DB’ or if the
Java logic remains same for Filesystem or DB (really sorry I am new to Lucene).
Any differences or things to consider when the data source are different?

Thank you and Regards,
Santosh

On 28/12/17, 4:01 AM, "Trejkaz" <trej...@trypticon.org> wrote:

    On Thu, Dec 28, 2017 at 1:07 AM, Riccardo Tasso
    <riccardo.ta...@gmail.com> wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I am not aware of any lucene integration with rdbms

    Derby has a plugin of some sort. I haven't tried it so I have no idea
    what it actually does, but it looks like it adds table functions which
    you could join to other queries.

    https://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.13/tools/rtoolsoptlucene.html

    TX