Hello,

Does anyone know of an algorithm that can be used to 'expand' or 'contract'
a general path?

If the general path is viewed as a collection of connected line segments,
what I think I need to do is to define a new set of line segments, each new
segment parallel to one of the segments in the original set, then find the
intersection points of the new segments and use these to define the
'expanded' or 'contracted' general path.

Any suggestions welcome,

Thank you,

Ted Hill