Hi Edward,

  Please see my comments below.

On Fri, Jul 11, 2003 at 04:48:58AM -0700, ed banfa wrote:

 > I am having problems with always keeping the window on top, I though that if a user
 > tries to access any other native app, I could have a thread constantly pushes my
 > window forward to odstruct the other native apps.
 >
 > I was told that I should use either JNI to trap MSWindow key events or to use Java
 > Full Screen mode. The JNI way would prevent user from killing my app using Windows
 > sys keys and well with the full screen I would really have to change my code and I
 > do not really have the time. I would like to know what u think I should do, can the
 > thread way I mention be possible.

  This is more of AWT question, it's out of my area.
  Try asking it on AWT feedback list:
   http://java.sun.com/docs/forms/awt-sendusmail.html

  BTW, unfortunately, going to fullscreen won't help you, because
  users will still be able to alt+tab out of the application.

 > Another problem I am having is with the JPasswordField , I have it to collect
 > password and the collected password would be checked against the password stored on
 > a server. The problem is that when I compare the password from the PasswordField
 > the collected password is a series funny characters I tried a lot of things but my
 > password field keeps providing this funny character,

  And this is a Swing question, send it to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

  Sorry I can't help you more.

  Thank you,
    Dmitri