On Mon, Sep 06, 2004 at 01:10:02PM -0400, Gregory Pierce wrote:
 > Note: What is attached below is a copy from the Apple java-dev mailing
 > list to provide additional insight into the problem:
 >
 > I have started looking at solving this problem 3 ways:
 >
 > 1) Cheat and get a point on the bounding box and draw the line from that
 > point. It will look funky, but quite possibly no one but me will notice
 > since the arcs are only 10 pixels in width and height. I have a sneaking
 > suspicion this will be the fastest way until the number of shapes and links
 > being drawn gets large. Since this is something I expect it will be an
 > interesting control for the others.

  Speaking of cheating. How about this: render the lines first, then
  render RR2Ds with the background color to remove the unneeded parts
  of the lines, and then render the translucent RR2Ds..
  (and if you want to get the most benefit, it may be better to render
  all of the lines first, then all of the opaque RR2Ds, and then all of
  the translucent ones).

  Of course, this works only if you have a single-colored background.

  Thanks,
    Dmitri