Jan Bösenberg (INCORS GmbH) wrote:
Thanks (also to Jennifer) for the information. See my comments below
- there is no ServiceUIFactory available for any of my print services

Do you mean the serices returned to you by the JDK?
No, we don't currently support these on the services.
But the principle use for these is if you write your own print service,
its a way to add in its functionalitu to ServiceUI.printDialog(..)
without rewriting it.
What are you trying to do ?

I do not use any custom print services, only the ones returned from the
JDK. Basically I am trying to rebuild the cross platform service dialog
(the one that you create with
PrinterJob.printDialog(PrinterRequestAttributeSet a) ). I have to do
this because the user must be able to select "Print All"/"Print
Selection"/"Print Page Range", which does not seem to be possible with
the dialogs from the JDK. Creating this dialog is not that difficult,
but while doing this I noticed that the "Properties" button next to the
print service is always disabled on the JDK's print dialog. So I tried
to improve this for my dialog but found no way of doing this. So in one
sentence, I want the user to be able to open the printer's native dialog
when pressing on the properties button on my own print dialog. But how
do I get the printer's native dialog?

We have an RFE for that one too :)
4673406 Provide a way to display win32 printer driver's dialog

yes, we really should implement that one and it would be returned
as you expect from a ServiceUIFactory.

-phil.