Thanks, Roger.

  Yes, this is a known problem with the 945G chipset:
    6612195: D3d: Netbeans editor is completely unusable with JDK 6uN [Intel
945G]

  You'll have to use the workaround for now, unfortunately.

  Thank you,
    Dmitri

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hi Dmitri,

I've just installed 6uN EA, and I ran into two graphics problems. First, when
you scroll through a Java source-code file in NetBeans 6.0-b1, the file display
gets corrupted - just cycle through a few pages hitting Page Down and you'll
see it. Second, I wrote an app where I manipulate some rather large image
files, and I display these files drawing a BufferedImage over a JPanel. This
JPanel is inside a JScrollPane. I've loaded a 5648x3584 image file, and
scrolling is smooth under Java 1.6.2, but it's way slower under 6uN. My machine
settings follow:

- Lenovo ThinkPad X60s
- WinXP Pro SP2
- Intel 945GM Express Chipset

Here's the output I get when I set J2D_TRACE_LEVEL=4 :

[I] CheckAdaptersInfo
[I] ------------------
[I] Adapter Ordinal  : 0
[I] Description      : Mobile Intel(R) 945GM Express Chipset Family
[I] GDI Name, Driver : \\.\DISPLAY1, ialmrnt5.dll
[I] Vendor Id        : 0x8086
[I] Version          : 6.14.10.4450
[I] ------------------
[I] InitD3D: successfully created Direct3D9 object
[I] D3DGD_getDeviceCapsNative
[I] D3DPPLM::CheckDeviceCaps: device 0: Passed
[I] D3DContext::InitContext device 0
[I] D3DContext::ConfigureContext device 0
[I] D3DContext::ConfigureContext: successfully created device: 0
[I] D3DContext::InitDevice: device 0
[W] D3DContext::InitDevice: sync query not available
[I] D3DContext::InitDefice: successfully initialized device 0
[V]   | CAPS_DEVICE_OK
[V]   | CAPS_ALPHA_RT_PLAIN
[V]   | CAPS_ALPHA_RTT
[V]   | CAPS_OPAQUE_RTT
[V]   | CAPS_LCD_SHADER | CAPS_BIOP_SHADER
[V]   | CAPS_MULTITEXTURE
[V]   | CAPS_TEXNONSQUARE

I get smooth performance again if I use -Dsun.java2d.d3d=false in my command
line. Cheers,

        Roger
[Message sent by forum member 'roger_rf' (roger_rf)]