Dmitri's pointers are valid.

Vista shouldn't make a difference to 2D since the code isn't OS specific and isn't making any OS provided calls. Perhaps the fonts just aren't the same. I do believe that Times New Roman etc were expanded for Vista. Still, that is surprising. Don't have Vista handy right now to look how the tables are different. Its possible that it now uses more than one subtable, and when we did this work I don't think we found kern tables like that to test against. But that was pre-vista. I'd need to see a test case.

-phil.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
That didn't help but I have noticed that the examples on this page:

ttp://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/2d/text/textattributes.html

show no effect with kerning on or off on my Vista machine but do show a
difference on XP.

Could this be a bug under Vista?