Clearly BufferStrategy only works with Window and Canvas and as JApplet can use
neither of these, how do I get a buffer strategy to work in a JApplet?

I have tried using Canvas and JApplet but I don't believe the combination of
AWT and Swing components is recommended and also there is a problem where the
back buffer seems to be cleared or even recreated on a resize.  Further to my
other thread about BufferStrategy, the flickering I refer to there can be
resolved in a JFrame/JPanel based application but I cannot get rid of the
flickering when using JApplet and Canvas.

So I guess there are 2 questions: how do I use BufferStrategy properly with a
JApplet OR is there a way to stop the back buffer being recreated or cleared
when the applet is resized?

--
And loving it,

-Qu0ll (Rare, not extinct)