Hi Mark,

Because our software is a huge project with many packages, it is not that easy
. . .

The graphic I'am talking about is nested in one of our own dialog classes. This
dialog can be made of of different container types. In my case this type is a
JFrame. So i added this code to the constructor of this dialog:

 gc = this.getView().getGraphicsConfiguration();

    this.getView().addComponentListener(new ComponentAdapter()
    {
      public void componentMoved(ComponentEvent e)
      {
        if (e.getComponent().getGraphicsConfiguration() != gc)
        {
          System.out.println("Moved!!");
          gc = e.getComponent().getGraphicsConfiguration();
          controlPanel.getDisplayPanel().setGraphicsConfiguration(gc);
        }
      }
    });

The line "controlPanel.getDisplayPanel().setGraphicsConfiguration(gc);" sets
the current graphics configuration in my displayPanel where the VolatileImage
is actually rendered.
This attempt works as good (or bad) as the checking for the current graphics
configuration directly in the displayPanel object. . . .

Maik

(besides, can someone tell me what code tags I have to use in this forum?)
[Message sent by forum member 'kiamur' (kiamur)]