> Date:         Fri, 22 Feb 2002 12:19:11 -0500
> From: Fred Klingener <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> As long as your 'long' frame delays are on the order of a second (i.e. delay
> >> 15ms) and you can tolerate the grainy resolution, then using
> wakeupOnElapsedTime(delay) should be ok for your normal 'standby' display.
> In your AWT code, you make the model changes and set wakeupOnElapsedFrames(0)
> and reset to wakeupOnElapsedTime(delay) after your changes have run their
> course.
>
> I haven't built anything that runs this way, so it's more hunch and
> prejudice than anything.  It's where I'd start though.

com.sun.j3d.utils.behaviors.vp.ViewPlatformAWTBehavior uses a similar technique
except that it uses postId() when the mouse is clicked instead of
wakeupOnElapsedTime(), and then switches to wakeupOnElapsedFrames(0) when the
mouse is in motion.  Check out its processStimulus() implementation for a
concrete example of how this works.

-- Mark Hood