On Wed, 04 Jun 2014 17:28:56 +0200, BoD <bodlu...@gmail.com> wrote:

Ok thanks for this link, interesting stuff there indeed :)
I guess I'll google a bit to see if I can understand the difference
between ARC and a GC.

I'm just catching up with the email and feeds after four days of totally isolation and I'm still reading Cédric's post... In any case, this ARC vs GC subject recalls me of the first days with Java. ARC is just a primitive way to do automatically memory management and it's definitely more limited than GC. It basically keeps a counter of users of a given object releasing it when the counter decrements back to zero, so -for instance - pure ARC can't solve circular references: two objects linking each other will keep at least a value of 1 on their linked objects, preventing collection.

--
Fabrizio Giudici - Java Architect @ Tidalwave s.a.s.
"We make Java work. Everywhere."