Nope!

C or Idris, I'll also accept Assembler.

and Scala's the least bad you can get if otherwise tied to the JVM. :)

On 6 June 2014 18:00, Cédric Beust ♔ <ced...@beust.com> wrote:

> So you're arguing for the Java approach then?
>

> --
> Cédric
>

> On Fri, Jun 6, 2014 at 9:49 AM, Kevin Wright <kev.lee.wri...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> In the interests of playing Devil's advocate here, there's a very
>> convincing argument to be made here for "the middle" not being the best at
>> all:
>>
>> Courtesy of Erik Meijer:
>>
>> http://queue.acm.org/detail.cfm?id=2611829
>>

>> On 6 June 2014 17:19, Cédric Beust ♔ <ced...@beust.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I find all these "inspired by" conjectures a bit vapid, but just to play
>>> along, I would argue that Swift belongs in the generation of languages
>>> sparked by C and C++, with which it has much more in common than with
>>> Haskell and ML languages.
>>>
>>> To me, Swift seems to validate the "pendulum in the middle" approach
>>> that we started seeing with Ceylon and Kotlin. Java looks fairly primitive
>>> today (pendulum left), Scala is reasonably advanced and pioneered a lot of
>>> interesting features in that family of languages (pendulum right) and
>>> Ceylon/Kotlin/Swift advocate a middle ground approach that takes the best
>>> of both extremes (pendulum in the middle).
>>>
>>> --
>>> Cédric
>>>

>>> --
>>> Cédric

>>  --
>>

>  --

Kevin Wright
mail: kevin.wri...@scalatechnology.com
gtalk / msn : kev.lee.wri...@gmail.com
quora: http://www.quora.com/Kevin-Wright
google+: http://gplus.to/thecoda
<kev.lee.wri...@gmail.com>
twitter: @thecoda
vibe / skype: kev.lee.wright
steam: kev_lee_wright

"My point today is that, if we wish to count lines of code, we should not
regard them as "lines produced" but as "lines spent": the current
conventional wisdom is so foolish as to book that count on the wrong side
of the ledger" ~ Dijkstra