On Mon, 29 Sep 2014 04:45:47 +0200, clay <claytonw...@gmail.com> wrote:

- Declarative when you want it, imperative logic when you need it. I've
heard people say Maven forces you to be declarative, which is silly.

It depends. When you have heterogeneous groups where you have to enforce some order, declarative is better because you can force people to stick with a standard way to do things.

- Multi-project builds are handled better. Gradle's approach of allowing
everything in two files at the root (build.gradle/settings.gradle) is
better than having pom.xml files scattered throughout the tree.

Really most of my pom.xml files in modules just contain coordinates and inherit everything from the master pom. BTW in some projects that I booted and how I help in maintenance, I constantly find people adding useless stuff in pom.xml, that should be inherited instead. Usually it can just be deleted. I can only figure out the mess that they'd do if imperative stuff was allowed.

It really depends on the kind of team you have.

--
Fabrizio Giudici - Java Architect @ Tidalwave s.a.s.
"We make Java work. Everywhere."