From: David Ferrin
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Sent: Friday, March 10, 2017 2:54 PM
Subject: [JAWS-Users] scripting for keyboards with only a single windows key

First of all before anybody makes a comment there is no such thing as a
married windows key, LOL. So now that the silliness is out of the way here
is the purpose of this message.

My wireless keyboard has only a left handed windows key, but most of the
time if I am on another system that has a right handed windows key I will
use it for most of what I need to do. I can use the left key good enough but
it crossed my mind this afternoon that with a script it might bebe possible
to simulate such an animal assigning say control + R which so far as I am
aware is an unused keystroke. The same with control + E. So I wrote two
scripts to do the following functions. Open up the run dialog and open up
windows explorer.

This inspiration came to me from Mr. Mike, because he sent me a script last
evening that triggered this bit of creativity.

I’ll probably post them on the server this evening and maybe a recording
demo of the process if there is any interest out among you folks.
David Ferrin