You want to do this without modifying any dictionary if I understand you correctly.

It sounds like you want to break in to the code for thunderbird and reprogram what the key labels read out. Sounds tuff to me, above my pay scale.

-----Original Message----- From: Mike B.
Sent: Sunday, May 28, 2017 3:08 PM
To: Jaws-Users List
Subject: [JAWS-Users] Customizing Key Labels

Hi All,

Is it possible to change what Jaws reports for particular keystrokes other
than modifying the applications Jaws dictionary or the default Jaws
dictionary?  For example, in Thunderbird, when pressing, Shift + F5, is it
possible to make Jaws report, Getting Mail?  If this is possible, would
someone please provide steps on how this is done?  All help will be greatly
appreciated.  Thanks much.
Take care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!
Sent from my iBarstool.
Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement.  In the
VIPRE Anti-phishing removed a known bad URL from your email message. It was deleted or quarantined and replaced with this message.