I think I've heard of the software, but not too familiar with it. Do you have a link?

On 5/31/2017 14:18, Aran_A wrote:

Hello,

I am using Panda, the free version of Panda.

In some cases to improve the accessibility, I use the OCR option of JAWS and then I can read the screen, and while I am using the OCR, I can use the tab to go from option to option.

I wish you success.

Aran

-----Original Message----- From: Jared Rimer
Sent: Monday, May 29, 2017 10:38 PM
To: JAWS-Users-List@jaws-users.com
Subject: [JAWS-Users] antivirus question

So, I saw a post on twitter, and it is talking about antivirus.  Part of
the page says:

The easiest way to ensure that your antivirus software is working is to
use the EICAR test file.

The EICAR test file is a virus simulator developed by the European
Institute for Computer Antivirus Research and
Computer Antivirus Research Organization.

To create an EICAR test file, copy and paste the following line into a
blank file using a text editor such as Notepad:"

The URL to the full post is at:
https://webtecsrilanka.com/2017/02/18/how-to-tell-if-your-antivirus-is-working/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
for your review.  When i went to send the original message intending to
keep things in tact, the outbound picked it up as harmful which means it
worked, but MSE never picked it up nor what I've written below.  A bit
concerning.

I did this, and found that microsoft security essentials leaves it.

I got concerned when I knowingly saved a file as I wanted to see if it
would pick up the file.   I left it for awhile and saved it on one of my
drives.  I submitted it using I believe it was av test or a site that I
found that allowed me to see what antivirus picked this particular file
I had up.  MSE never picked it up.  Now that I'm a Jaws user, what
antivirus besides MSE would work with Jaws?

I've got Windows 7, 64 bit.  I don't think MSE is doing the trick
anymore if a file can go undetected for that long, and it never got
flagged for review.  It was a zip, with an executable in it, which i
knew was dangerous, but I save them at times to see if the thing is
working and picks them up.

--
Jared Rimer