There are times when I really do miss WindowBridge.

Judy

-----Original Message-----
From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On
Behalf Of Gerald Levy
Sent: Saturday, June 10, 2017 4:20 AM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Safe Mode

Not likely.  Eric Damery has insisted for years that it is not possible for
JAWS to be modified to provide speech in safe mode.  My understanding is
that Window Eyes provides speech in safe mode only because of a registry
hack.  Of course, hacking the registry, especially for the technically
uninitiated could be very risky.  Besides, Window Eyes is no longer being
supported, so unless you already have it installed on your computer, you may

not be able to download it any longer.  There is another open source, free
screen reader that shall remain nameless that allegedly provides speech in
safe mode, but nobody has ever produced a podcast to demonstrate how this is

accomplished.

Gerald