All I can say is that sometimes, reading a document by page may be preferable, as loading a large document can take time and may be sluggish. You can move page by page, or go to a specific page in the document. Changing the web setting is definitely preferable.

-----Original Message----- From: Audiobookfan
Sent: Thursday, June 15, 2017 4:14 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Need help with Adobe Reader DC

Thanks to everyone who responded. I did get the solution in a private
email. Here's what worked:

Click the accessibility setup assistant. In the setup assistant do the
following: click next until you find read single page... set this to
read entire document. then click next until you see open in web browser
and uncheck it. then click next and finally finish.

Both of these items needed adjustment. The values above were not the
defaults.

I can now read my document, but it did take quite a while to load the
document. It's over 100 pages. Then, as I arrowed down through the
document, it seemed a little sluggish. Not snappy like reading a web
page or text document in Notepad. Is this normal for a PDF document?

Thanks,
Jeff