From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On
Behalf Of Rick Ely
Sent: Monday, July 03, 2017 3:09 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Need To Re-enable Hyperlinks In Outlook E-mail

Tom,
Here is how to check on the format that your Outlook is using when creating
email and how to change it if you want. I believe it also changes how
incoming messages are displayed, but I can't confirm that.
In outlook go to the File menu by pressing Alt _+ f.
Arrow down to options and press Enter.
Arrow down to Mail and press tab
Arrow Down once and you will find a combo box that displays what format
Outlook is currently using to compose messages.
Arrow down in the combo box and three buttons will be available. They are
plain text, Rich Text and HTML Arrow down to the format and press the enter
key on the button of the format you want To confirm this change, you need to
press the OK button at the very bottom of this list. You are still in a very
long list of options. You can tab through all of these to get to the OK
button. However, from where you are it is easier to go backwards through the
items. Hold down your shift key and press tab until you hear OK. Release the
shift key and press enter on that OK button. If you feel like you made a
mistake in this menu, worry not. Hit the Escape key and the menu will vanish
and no changes will be made. You will just have to start over.
Note, my setting here was Rich Text and I had no issues with activating an
HTML that was part of a message I was reading. In terms of inserting an HTML
link, I usually just cut and  paste these, but they do appear as active
links to me and to the reader on the receiving end.  so I can't confirm the
typing method you described. Let us know if that works for you and which
text option you selected.
Rick .