From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On
Behalf Of Fernando Gregoire
Sent: Sunday, July 09, 2017 6:19 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Microsoft Edge

Hi Judy,
Edge's accessibility layer has enhanced a little bit since Windows 10 build
10240, but it's still too far even from IE, even using Narrator.
Specifically for JAWS, unlike NVDA JAWS does not provide Virtual Cursor
Support in Edge's browsing area nor any UWP app using the Edge rendering
engine other than Mail. Therefore, the only way to use Edge content, which
is not convenient, is to use the JAWS Touch Cursor, preferably with Advanced
Object Navigation enabled.
NVDA is enhancing its Edge support a lot from version to version, but even
they still warns of the fact that Edge's reliability with screen readers is
far from the expected for everyday browsing.
Despite poorness of Edge's accessibility layer, I think it's time for
Freedom Scientific to bring at least a minimum support for Edge browser and
engine, as UWP apps and Cortana use this engine even when you set another
default browser. Redirecting Cortana's web search results to other browser
when JAWS is running is not the best solution, especially when searching for
local content.