I've actually tried that because I saw the suggestion on the list. But it
didn't work for me.

Miriam

-----Original Message-----
From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On
Behalf Of Tom Behler
Sent: Monday, July 17, 2017 1:40 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Jaws still disappearing

Miriam:

I also had this Jaws crashing problem several months ago with this Windows 7
laptop, but fortunately, have not experienced it very often lately since I
did the latest Jaws update.

Here are some instructions for a procedure that often worked to get Jaws up
and running again without having to do a hard shutdown of the computer:

If Jaws crashes afgter exiting out of a program, Press the JAWS or numpad
insert key+Windows-key+F4.  This closes JAWS completely.  This is much more
effective than JAWS key+F4 without the Windows key.  Note that when you do
this, you likely will have to re-start Jaws again.

When I used to do this, I often got an error report message from Freedom
Scientific, which I always tried to respond to by submitting the report.

Let us know if this helps.

I know how incredibly frustrating this problem is, especially if you are in
the middle of a number of tasks.

Tom Behler