From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On Behalf
Of JM Casey
Sent: Monday, August 14, 2017 5:31 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: [JAWS-Users] Trying to get firefox to download a form and feeling
bemused

Hello folks.

I'm usually pretty good at this stuff, but I'm stumped for the moment and maybe
someone here could offer a suggestion. I'm trying to download a direct deposit
form from my bank. This is a pdf file. I mostly just need some of the info from
the form and may not actually be filling it out online. At any rate, I am using
Firefox, JAWS 18 and Windows 10. When I click on the link to the form, it is
supposed to open a pDF in the Adobe viewer, perhaps in its own window. JAWS
reads a message that Firefox has blocked the website from opening a popup
window, and I hear it say "alt-o for options", and also "click to close this
message". Obviously, I want the file to open. I've come across dialogues like
this before, such as the standard file download one, and don't generally have a
problem with them. However, here, pressing alt-o doesn't seem to do a damn
thing. I can't re-click the link at all; if I try doing it again, I don't think
that initial alert even pops up . not until I re-log-in to the
  bank site. I've tried saving the link to my drive, but it's just an html file
that probably generates a part of the pdf content, and I can't access it this
way. Any ideas? Why am I not able to interact properly
with this dialogue box?