From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On Behalf
Of Fernando Gregoire
Sent: Monday, August 14, 2017 8:51 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Trying to get firefox to download a form and feeling
bemused

Hi!
Since some versions ago, Firefox includes its own PDF viewer by default despite
the possibility of using the Adobe's one if you want. As a result, when you
open a PDF, you have to press the Download button to download it; this button
is in the viewer's page, so you can quickly find it by pressing the JAWS quick
key navigation b (for button); if the Download button does not appear,
sometimes it is necessary to press the Tools button first.

I prefer, however, to view the download dialog when activating a PDF link
instead of a previous viewer. To do this in Firefox press ALT+T to open the
Tools menu, select Options, and in the first list box choose Applications. Tab
to the search box and type PDF, then press ENTER and tab to the result list.
When you find the mimetype for PDF files, press TAB once more to go to a combo
box where you can choose the Ask Me Always option and press ENTER. Exact
options names may vary, because even in English Firefox is available in
multiple variants (U.S., British, South African and perhaps Australian).

Hope it helps!