From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On
Behalf Of Rebecca Lineberger
Sent: Wednesday, December 20, 2017 5:46 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Revealing File Extensions in Windows 10

The quick answer to revealing file extensions is to press right arrow on the
file your cursor is on and JAWS will tell you the file type--Word document,
text document, etc.  I never, with this information, needed to turn on
hidden file extensions.
But if you still want it, with your documents folder open, press alt-f, then
o.  Shift-tab once to get to the list of tabs.  Right arrow to View and tab
a couple of times to you get to a tree view of a whole list of items you can
check or not.  Turning on hidden extensions for known file types is in this
list.  Check it and tab to ok.
For creating a new folder, with Documents open, either press alt-2 on the
top row of numbers along the top of your keyboard, or press alt and tab
twice to new folder.
HTH.
Rebecca