I recently had trouble connecting my PAC Mate to my desk top computer
with a USB cable.
After some investigation I discovered that Microsoft is no longer
supporting Windows mobile Device Center (formerly called Active Sync).
So when my Windows 10 was updated, WMDC quit working.
If anyone else has this problem, there is help available.  At the
website pasted below there are options which may get you going again.
It worked for me.
http://www.junipersys.com/Juniper-Systems-Rugged-Handheld-Computers/support/Knowledge-Base/Support-Knowledge-Base-Topics/Desktop-Connection-ActiveSync-or-Windows-Mobile-Device-Center/WMDC-in-Windows-10