If you use firefox and greasemonkey, there is a script to toggle the
star and characters,
This works in the folling way.
below the password field, there is a link labeled as t, pressing enter
on it changes the password.
2. there is another addon called password manager, which remembers the
posswords, you can change the entries in it.
when user name is typed and tab is pressed, it fills the field with the pw.

Skype:
Jeet.delhi