From: JAWS-Users-List <jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com> On Behalf Of
chris judge
Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2018 10:50 AM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] WHY UPGRADE TO 2018?

Hi John. I've been away from the list for a few days, but thought I'd way in
with my thoughts on upgrading.

I have worked with blind clients for many years now, and this topic comes up
everytime there is an upgrade, First, remember, if you upgrade, and there are
problems with the new version for whatever reason, you can always revert back,
and eventually the issues will be ironed out. What I tell my clients is,
consider owning a computer like owning a vehicle. There has to be some expected
maintenance costs, and if you can afford it, it's a good idea to keep up on
those things. What if you skip 2018, but something comes out
in2019 that you simply can't live without, then you are behind another version
and it will cost you more to upgrade at this point. I know some folks simply
can't afford it, but my feeling has been, if you can, and if you are planning
to stick with jaws, it is prudent to keep up with the updates.