From: Fernando Gregoire
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Sent: Sunday, March 25, 2018 6:56 PM
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] task bar

Hi Mike,

Combining taskbar buttons means joining buttons belonging to different open
documents in a given program on one single button. For example, if you have
two Word documents opened at the same time and taskbar buttons are combined,
you will not have a button for each document, but only a single button
representing Word that will bring up a list in which you'll be able to
select the document in which you're interested.
By the way, this combo box sets wetter buttons are never combined, always
combined or only when taskbar is full, that is, when no more items fit on
the screen area reserved for the taskbar according to your screen
resolution, DPI scaling and related factors.
But luckily there is, unlike about many other areas in Windows 10, a well
documented help topic that you can access by a link in the Taskbar Settings
category which reads something like “How taskbars are customized?”. The link
says taskbars in plural, because you can have multiple taskbars with
different items, both on multiple monitors or multiple virtual desktops.
As you can see, although Control Panel is being replaced with Settings and
the old dialog for taskbar is almost faced out, fortunately most concepts
regarding these options aren’t so different from the fundamentals you may be
familiar in previous Windows versions.

Hope it helps!