I'm running the latest JAWS 2018 with Microsoft Outlook 2016 from Office 365.
I haven't encountered this issue, however.

I occasionally receive messages that do contain nested tables, but not often.

Those affected should try to identify the circumstances in which this occurs.
Until VFO can reproduce the problem themselves, they can't fix it.