From: JAWS-Users-List <jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com> On Behalf Of
Sharon S
Sent: Wednesday, June 20, 2018 12:52 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: [JAWS-Users] Best program for reading PDFs

Hi all, I have been sent a document I really need to read as soon as possible
but it is a PDF and it appears I don't have a program on my laptop to read
these. When I tried to open it straight from the email it opened in edge and I
couldn't read anything. After I saved it to a folder in my documents and went
to open it I got a list of programs I could use to open it but all I tried
couldn't display the document. I tried opening it in notepad and got a lot of
rubbish instead of what it was meant to be. So now I am wondering what the best
program to use with Jaws 2018 and windows 10 is and where can I get it from?

I've been having trouble making the person on the other end understand what
format I need because the first time she sent it to me it was a picture which
of course Jaws couldn't read so I asked her to send it again in a word file.
She then sent me a screen shot of the document so again I had to explain that
jaws doesn't read pictures and asked again for a word version.
She is working on an iPad so she didn't have access to word so she finally sent
me the PDF version. I'm afraid that this too will be a picture rather than an
actual PDF but to find this out I need a program that will open it.

Thanks for any help.