Adobe is what you need.  Go to the acrobat site and download it.
 Justin

-----Original Message-----
From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On
Behalf Of Sharon S
Sent: Wednesday, June 20, 2018 12:52 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: [JAWS-Users] Best program for reading PDFs

Hi all, I have been sent a document I really need to read as soon as
possible but it is a PDF and it appears I don't have a program on my laptop
to read these. When I tried to open it straight from the email it opened in
edge and I couldn't read anything. After I saved it to a folder in my
documents and went to open it I got a list of programs I could use to open
it but all I tried couldn't display the document. I tried opening it in
notepad and got a lot of rubbish instead of what it was meant to be. So now
I am wondering what the best program to use with Jaws 2018 and windows 10 is
and where can I get it from?

I've been having trouble making the person on the other end understand what
format I need because the first time she sent it to me it was a picture
which of course Jaws couldn't read so I asked her to send it again in a word
file. She then sent me a screen shot of the document so again I had to
explain that jaws doesn't read pictures and asked again for a word version.
She is working on an iPad so she didn't have access to word so she finally
sent me the PDF version. I'm afraid that this too will be a picture rather
than an actual PDF but to find this out I need a program that will open it.

Thanks for any help.