-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Rick Justice
Sent: Wednesday, 09 July 2008 13:34
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] In desperate need of help with laptop!

Hi David,
If the icon for the volume control is not in the system tray, that will not
work.
Trying to navigate the computer without speech is not adviseable, one
incorrect keystroke, and it is possible to cause more problems.
I would recommend getting some sighted help in this instance, and then
putting some alternative methods into place for recovering the sound.
HTH,
Richard Q. Justice-website owner
www.blind-computing.com