Wait a couple of seconds, then tab twice and you will be on the mute option. I
have to do this all the time at school as students constantly mute the volume
control.
On Wednesday, July 09, 2008 at 01:33 PM , Rick Justice wrote:
Hi David,
If the icon for the volume control is not in the system tray,
that will not work.
Trying to navigate the computer without speech is not advisable,
one incorrect keystroke, and it is possible to cause more problems.
I would recommend getting some sighted help in this instance,
and then putting some alternative methods into place for recovering the
sound.
HTH,
Richard Q. Justice-website owner
www.blind-computing.com

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Griffith" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Wednesday, July 09, 2008 5:14 AM
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] In desperate need of help with laptop!

This will work in XP - not sure about Vista

Press Insert F11
Press V
Press Enter
Press Enter again
Press Tab twice
Press space

This will unmute sound if it has been muted. You will be able to tell if the
system is muted if it does not play a windows sound as it boots up.

Hope this helps

David Griffith