Hello,

A couple of weeks ago I wrote a post about the features of a free data backup
program called "Drive Image XML."  It is available from www.runtime.org.  I
need to make a correction to my post.  One of the things I said was that Drive
Image XML would not backup to a network share.  The program will backup to a
network place or drive.  When in the step for picking a backup location there
is a graphic that is not spoken by JAWS.  Even if you read a current line JAWS
does not indicate there is a graphic but simply reads the default path for the
backup.  However, if you route JAWS to PC, move one line under the edit control
for the path, press home key and then move a word to the left, you will find
the graphic.  A simulated left mouse button click on the graphic will bring up
the dialog box for browsing and you can browse through the tree structure to a
network shared location.

Another point is that when you first open the program, it seems to not be
accessible.  However, the menu bar is accessible at this point and all choices
can be made from the menus.  You can also use CTRL+B to start the backup
wizard, CTRL+R to start the restore wizard, and choices for browsing and other
functions are available in the menus.

I also found another program that is JAWS friendly but it is not a free one.
The name of the program is "Active@ Disk Image" and it is available from
www.ntfs.com.  It costs $40 but the license allows for installation on three
different computers.  The purchased program has a boot disk creator that is not
available in the trial version.  I used the trial version yesterday and backed
up just over 100 GB in a little less than two hours.

I wanted to make the correction about backing up to a network using Drive Image
XML in case some one on the list avoided trying it out based on that reason.

Take care.

 Brian Lee
brianl...@charter.net