Some scanning software programs, such as OpenBook and Kurzweil 1000 have the ability to record file audio in mp3, wav, or possibly other formats.
Erin

From: "Ann M. Medlar" <amedl...@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, April 13, 2010 7:35 PM
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] converting pdf files to audio?

There may be some software out there but one off the cuff way to do this and I don't know if it would work but...
Open .pdf file using scanning software.
I think scanning software like Openbook reads PDF files better.
File is read using synthesized voice, eloquence, sappy...
You can then record the synthesized reading using a digital recorder.
You now have a audio file on your recorder that you can copy to your PC.
I know that you can go from speech to text using Dragon or similar software but don't know if there are other ways.

----- Original Message ----- From: "David. chatten-smith" <davechsm...@hotmail.com>