From: jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com
[mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On Behalf Of TJ McElroy
gMail
Sent: Saturday, September 29, 2012 4:05 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Windows7 slow coming up

Hi George,

 Cleaning your registry is not a bad idea, but I think you have some other
problem.

 Ten minutes ! Holy Cow I could almost fall asleep and forget what I came to

the computer to do, if I had to wait for ten minutes.

 Have you install any new anti virus that might be running at start up ?
 Have you made any changes to any thing in the last few days that might
involve scan disk or def rag ?
 Have you cleaned your computer - deleting files that sort of thing before
the problem started ?

 If your answer is no to any of the previous questions, I would run a system

restore to a day or two before you noticed the problem.

 Then keep an eye on what Microsoft updates you have to reinstall and see if

any of the updates are causing your problem.

HTH

TJ