Thanks I will take a look at CCleaner.

George R. Marshall
marshall.geo...@gmail.com
-----Original Message-----
From: jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com
[mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On Behalf Of Mike O'Brien
Sent: Sunday, September 30, 2012 2:23 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Windows7 slow coming up

Hi

The Windows Registry does get cluttered.  Cleaning it out can provide some
help when starting Windows and with overall performance.  But the
suggestions of checking your anti-virus, eliminate starting programs and
Windows startup and going back to a previous restore point are also
valuable.  I don't know if there's a version of Regscrub for Windows 7.  But
when I used to run it under Windows Xp and compared it to another Registry
cleaner, I found it hardly cleaned anything out of the registry.  I would
take a look at cCleaner which can clean the registry and a lot more.  You
can find a review of this program at JAWS-USERS.com on the Audio page.  It's
free.