Okay, I now have Adobe reader.  Thanks for the help.
Dwight

-----Original Message-----
From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On
Behalf Of Mike Boyd
Sent: Sunday, August 3, 2014 3:06 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] adobe reader

Dwight,

I don't think that you want Adobe Acrobat and Reader, because Acrobat is not

free. So to get Adobe Reader, go to www.adobe.com, click on "downloads",
scroll down to "free downloads" and click on Adobe reader XI, which is the
latest version. Just a warning, you are going to have Google Chrome and the
Google Toolbar installed with the software even if you tell it you do not
want it, so after installing, go to  Control Panel, Programs and Features,
and uninstall both of these items if you don't want them. I cannot imagine
why anyone would.

hth,
Mike
blindb...@comcast.net