No kidding. Here I thought it would be a straight forward process. Little did I
know...I use YouTube a lot and have found it to be an overall great resource to
learn a new song or rifs and other tricks, but the problem with it is that
often the quality of the instruction is entirely dependant on the person
describing what they are doing. I've found some people who are really good at
detailing what their fingers are doing and the chord progression, but it's
still too hit and miss. That and if you want to learn the finger picking and
other accompaniments and not just the chords, then it's even harder.

There's an ultimate guitar app for iOS that some blind folks have talked about,
but I guess accessibility was broken with an update. Seems accessible enough to
me, but again, Voiceover just reads E---c-B--0 etc. So I don't know what
they're doing to be able to decipher what VO is saying.

I'm still getting used to the termonology from Spanish to English. C=do, re=D
G=Sol and so on so it's that much more awkward too.

I did hear of one recourse called Talking Tabs discussed on another mailing
list, but their site: www.talking tabs.com gbrings up a service unavailable
page so who knows what happened there.
I also found something called LunarTabsPro:
https://code.google.com/p/lunartabspro/
Looks to be some sort of project to make electric guitar tabs accessible, but
they specifically mention that Jaws may or may not work with it and recommend
using NVDA. I'm not all keen on diving down the rabbit hole of learning another
screen reader just for this. Maybe in the future when I have more time, but
that's not necessarily a priority right now.

Anyway...I too would be interested in any information or resources that would
make guitar tab reading accessible with Jaws.