I have given up trying to navigate the Amazon.com site using IE. It seems to be easier to navigate using Firefox, but I have discovered that when placing an order, there are no longer any radio buttons on the page for selecting the desired shipping option,so there is now no apparent way to select free shipping, which is not the default (standard shipping is the default, even if your order qualifies for free shipping). So now when I place an order with Amazon using Firefox 29 with the accessible site, I call customer support as soon as I receive my email order confirmation to have them adjust my order to apply free shipping instead of the default standard shipping. This is a nuisance, but fortunately, Amazon customer support is very helpful, especially if you explain to the agent that you are a blind customer who is having trouble with their accessible site. Amazon is constantly tinkering with their site, much to the detriment of us blind customers.

Gerald

----- Original Message ----- From: "Maria Campbell" <luc...@ct.metrocast.net>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Tuesday, January 20, 2015 9:21 AM
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] version 16

I have also had trouble with Amazon. However, I believe Amazon may have made changes that make JAWS work more difficult.

Sunny Day
Maria Campbell
luc...@ct.metrocast.net

Blaise Pascal

On 1/19/2015 9:25 PM, T. Civitello wrote:
Ever since I installed Jaws version 16 using the Amazon web site has become a challenge. The accessible site is better than the regular site. I can count on IE 10 crashing when I navigate through the site. Anyone else having this problem Running Windows 7. Tom

---